Sanitation grades for Gaston eating placesMarch 24, 2012 No Comments
Gaston County Restaurant Inspections
Premise Name Premise Address1 Premise City Insp Date Est Type Final Score SUM Comments
BELMONT SODA SHOPPE 31 NORTH MAIN STREET BELMONT 29-Feb-2012 1 98.5
- Keep hot water at dish sink 130F for proper washing of food ware and utensils; Keep storage off of the floor. Store boxes of chips and single service cup boxes off of floor and on approved shelving.
BI LO DELI #206 2204 UNION RD GASTONIA 01-Mar-2012 1 98.0
- Repair, replace or remove proofer/retarder that caught fire. Repair heat strip on base of walk-in freezer door. Base of door framing/threshold and air flaps are burnt form heat strip catching fire. Replace or remove broken chairs at dining room table. Replace torn/damaged cover to cover speed rack/dollies; thoroughly clean fixtures in bathroom(interior and exterior of men wall urinal, clean ventilation, floors, walls and ceiling). Tightly secure and seal back splash to counter top in men bathroom. CLean floors, walls and ceiling throughout in women bathroom; Store and handle clean utensil/equipment in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. Clean utensil shelving/storage area under prep, shelving above three compartment sink and clean end of drainboard at three compartment sink; Store and handle single service articles in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. Store single service articles inverted down. Clean shelving/storage area where single service articles are stored. Do not store cases of single service articles on the floor. Store cases of single service articles on shelving, transfer cart or dunage rack; Wipe/clean shelving throughout kitchen, walk-in cooler and dry storage area. Wipe/clean base of display case and tracks on display case. General detail cleaning of equipment on main cook line. Clean edge of door to walk-in cooler and freezer. Clean high chairs. Clean underside of shelving and interior of hood at chicken brading station. Clean tracks on speed racks; Clean walls and ceiling throughout deli area. Clean floors under and behind equipment.
BOJANGLES 1020 EAST CHURCH ST CHERRYVILLE 01-Mar-2012 1 99.5
- Bucket of tea stored near mop sink. Container of soapy water stored on top of tea lid. Critical item; Ice bucket stored on top of trash can. Store ice bucket in a clean place; Need to replace torn gaskets on refrigeration.
BOJANGLES – GARRISON 357 400 E GARRISON BLVD GASTONIA 01-Mar-2012 1 98.5
- Wipe/clean base of up-right freezer unit. General detail cleaning of equipment on main cook line. Wipe.clean shelving throughout kitchen, walk-in cooler, refrigeration unit and dry storage area. Clean edge of reach -in door to walk-in cooler in biscuit making area. Clean control knobs/panels on equipment. Clean door to ice machine. Clean wiring to equipment. Clean high chairs; Clean floors, walls and ceiling throughout where needed(chicken breading area and biscuit making area). Replace missing floor tiles in women bathroom. what caused floor to rise/buckle where floor tiles came up in womn bathroom; Store and handle single service articles in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. Clean top of hot holding unit and bin where sandwich wrapping paper is stored. Clean bin where potato pie boxes are stored; thoroughly air-dry utensil/equipment before stacking or storing; Replace broken/split gasket on up-right freezer unit located across from deep fryer/grill line. Replace broken fries holding bin on front serving line. Repair or replace damaged lid to cover top of drink dispenser in dining room area.
COOKOUT RESTAURANT 2113 UNION RD GASTONIA 28-Feb-2012 1 98.5
- Continue to discard and replace broken containers/container lids. Repair refrigeration unit where milk shake products are stored; Water collecting on back ledge inside of refrigeration unit. Replace deep fryer baskets with broken/fragmenting wiring; Clean floors, walls and ceiling throughout. Regrout floor where new floor tiles were installed; Clean soda in-a-box stand and lines. Clean edge of door to walk-in freezer. Wipe/clean shelving in dry storage area and walk-in cooler. Clean shelving above monitor at drive thru window. General detail cleaning of equipment on cook line. Clean ticket printer and wiring to printer. Wipe/clean top of equipment and ticket holder. Clean fan covers in walk-in cooler. Clean door to ice machine and tracks on sliding doors to ice machine; Maintain potential hazardous cold food products 45F and below. Today temperature of food products in/on prep line refrigeration unit 51F-53F(mayo, cheese, slaw, ground chicken/beef). have refrigeration unit repaired immediatley. until unit is repaired store food products in walk-in cooler and on an ice bath.
CROWDERS MOUNTAIN GOLF CLUB 255 LINCOLN ACADEMY RD KING S MOUNTAIN 28-Feb-2012 1 101.0
- Need to replace gasket around ice machine.
DAIRY QUEEN 3128 UNION RD GASTONIA 27-Feb-2012 1 97.5
- thoroughly clean utensil shelving at end and over three compartment sink. Shelving has a grease film present. Clean utensil/equipment shall be stored in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination; Broken gasket on up-right freezer unit has been ordered—->back order on gasket; Clean floors, walls and ceiling throughout where needed. Clean wall behind hot holding wells on serving line. Continue to clean floor under and behind equipment; Clean fan cover on ventilation in walk-in cooler and bathroom; Store and handle single service articles in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. Do not store or place cases of single service articles on the floor in storage room area. Store cases of single service articles on shelving, dunage rack, transfer cart. Store cases of single service articles on milk crate as a temporary mean of storage; Wipe/clean shelving throughout kitchen, walk-in cooler, refrigeration unit and area under front serving line. Wipe/clean base of refrigeration unit. General detail cleaning of equipment on main cook line(side of funnel cake deep fryer, deep fryer,side of grill and hot holding unit). Wipe/clean exterior of dry storage bin. Clean door to walk-in cooler/freezer.WIpe/clean high chairs.
DEMETRIOS RESTAURANT 6928 WILKINSON BLVD BELMONT 28-Feb-2012 1 94.0
- Protect single-service articles from possible contamination (Invert or cover); Dishmachine did not dispense chlorine at min. 50 ppm during rinse cycle. Check with test strips to be sure sanitizing solution is being dispensed properly. Owner called for repairman (Env Health Specialist will return for follow-up visit). Provide sanitizing solution, mixed at proper strength (min. 50 ppm for chlorine) at all hours of operation. Clean and sanitize ice machine; Cold holding – Store potentially hazardous foods at 45 F and below (Ground beef in refrigerator bottom – 55 to 58 F); Repair lights that are not working. General Comments: (GC #2) – Employees’ drinks should be protected and should not be on or above food prep areas. (GC #19) – Label spray bottles (corrected). (GC #25) – Provide thermometers in all refrigerators. (GC #29) – Foodhandlers should wear hair restraints. (GC #47) – all storage should be off the floor on approved shelving; Clean can opener and shelves; Replace split gaskets on equipment doors.
FOURSHEE’S 6231 DALLAS CHERRYVILLE HWY BESSEMER CITY 29-Feb-2012 2 98.0
- Freezer and stove are not NSF approved; Hair restraints required.
GARRISON EXPRESS MART 937 EAST GARRISON BLVD. GASTONIA 28-Feb-2012 2 97.0
- Dispose of trash/cardboard in dumpster; not grounds beside dumpster. break cardboard boxes down so cardboard can fit in dumpster. Remove drink crates and crates from beside building/dumpster area; Provide metal stem thermometer 0F-220F at all times; Provide sanitizer(chlorine) test strips at all times; Clean floors, walls and ceiling throughout where needed; if needed; Store and handle clean utensils/equipment in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. Do not store or place soiled/used cleaning rags on clean end of drainboard near clean utensils. Store soiled/used cleaning rags on dirty end of drainboard of two compartment sink; Wipe/clean shelving throughout where needed. Wipe/clean interior of cabinet door under hot holding units.
GOLDEN CORRAL 2300 EAST FRANKLIN BLVD GASTONIA 28-Feb-2012 1 97.5
- Air-dry multi-use containers before stacking for storage; Repair plumbing leaks on several sink faucets; Repair all hand towels dispensers; Keep day dots scrubbed off of crocks before washing, rinsing, and sanitizing; Keep all hot holding potentially hazardous foods at 135F and above. Several foods on hot holding lines were not 135F and above. Fajita chicken was 106-118F, fried chicken was 108-116F, grilled chicken and chicken livers were 118-124F, pork ribs and bourbon chicken 124-135+F, and fried fish and baked potatoes were 110-135+F. These foods from lunch were being replaced by foods for dinner.
HOUSER DRUG CO SNACK BAR 100 E MAIN STREET CHERRYVILLE 01-Mar-2012 1 98.0
- Refrigerator, freezer is not NSF approved; Hair restraints required.
J’S JAPANESE BISTRO 3272 UNION RD GASTONIA 27-Feb-2012 1 94.0
- Repair or replace lights that are out; Rice pH was about a 6 and should be a pH of 4.6 or less. Management was told to add more vinegar. Management is keeping up with daily pH records. Keep foods covered in coolers; Floors need cleaning under deep fryers, wok tables, and hibachi grills. Clean floors under all equipment on cook line, especially near walls. Clean splash guards and walls in soiled and clean dish areas and around dish machine; Use a scoop or a spoon with a handle for dispensing rice and not a bowl; Keep a bucket or a spray bottle with sanitizer made up at all times for bar area (not just cooking and prep areas). Keep knives on racks cleaned and sanitized. Knife racks are not for storing soiled knives. Clean outsides of all dry food containers; Sushi was 50-54F on buffet and should be 45F and less. Discussed with manager about using time holding instead of temperature holding. make sure that all prepared foods do not stay out of temperature control for long periods of time before placing on buffet line so that cold (or hot) holding temperatures are not compromised (fried chicken, boiled or raw eggs, and cooked rice). make table cooler needs repair inside. It is holding 50F inside and should be holding 40F. see # 36. all cold holding potentially hazardous foods at 45F and less.
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN 1690 NEAL HAWKINS GASTONIA 01-Mar-2012 1 99.5
- Repair problem that is causing ice to form on gasket and around doors on four door reach-in freezer unit. Tightly secure loose laminate on back side of front counter/register area; Clean floors, walls and ceiling throughout where needed. Clean walls in chicken breading area. Clean floors under and behind equipment; thoroughly air-dry utensil/equipment before stacking or storing. Clean utensil/equipment shall be stored in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. thoroughly clean utensil shelving/baskets above three compartment sink; Wipe/clean mixer. Wipe/clean shelving throughout kitchen, walk-in cooler, dry storage area and reach-in refrigeration unit. Clean around door threshold/framing to walk-in cooler. General detail cleaning of equipment on main cook line. Clean tracks on speed racks/dollies. Clean shelving above hot holding units. Wipe/clean soda in-a-box stand and lines. Clean high chairs.
KINGSWAY #21 3615 DALLAS CHERRYVILLE HWY. DALLAS 27-Feb-2012 2 94.5
- Drain plug needed for dumpster; Need to mix sanitizer fresh daily at 50 ppm chlorine. Clean and sanitize the ice machine. Critical item; Need to clean inside microwave; Need to organize storage areas; Need to clean toilet in restroom. Paper towels needed.
NICHOLS #4 1813 HICKORY GROVE ROAD GASTONIA 27-Feb-2012 1 95.0
- Clean top of Alto-Shaam, and clean tables; after opening, store dry foods in labeled, sealed containers. Do not place opened or unopened bags of dry foods on the floor; Clean and sanitize tea urn nozzles, soda fountain nozzles, meat slicer, and potato slicer. (Repeat Violations) Provide sanitizing solution, mixed at proper strength at all hours of operation; Clean and repair floor as needed. Clean ceilng and ceiling vents.
O’CHARLEY’S #331 1601 E. FRANKLIN BLVD GASTONIA 28-Feb-2012 1 98.5
- Replace cracked ice buckets with non-cracked food-grade buckets; Keep all quaternary ammonia sanitizer buckets up to 200 ppm minimum strength on cook line. make sure that utensils and food ware at prep stations is protected from splash and if needed then wash, rinse, and sanitize food ware before using; Replace light covers that are missing and light bulbs that are out where applicable; Replace cracked cooler and freezer door gaskets seals where applicable. make sure that “Alto-shaam” door closes correctly where soup is held. make sure that all cooler drawers close correctly; Provide thermometers inside walk-in cooler.
PARKWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH 1827 DIXON ROAD GASTONIA 27-Feb-2012 1 98.5
- Dust hood screen filters; Dish machine is not getting up to proper sanitizing temperature (170-180F) and may need repair. a return visit will be made for compliance of violation or call Health Department for appointment when repairs are complete. While dish machine does properly wash and rinse food ware, fill one of the vats on three vat dish/prep sink and properly sanitize food ware there; make sure that sanitizer bottle is labeled and do not store chemical spray bottles near clean side of dish machine drain board.
PISGAH ARP CHURCH 3600 S LINWOOD RD GASTONIA 29-Feb-2012 1 98.0
Need to protect single service cups; Clean inside microwave; Hair restraints required.
SURF AND TURF LODGE 808 N 14TH ST BESSEMER CITY 01-Mar-2012 1 100.5
- Need to store cleaners away from food related items.
TERRACE, THE 2525 COURT DRIVE GASTONIA 27-Feb-2012 1 101.0
- Need to protect single service cups. Do not over stack dispenser; Need to air dry stainless steel containers before storing.
TEXAS ROADHOUSE RESTAURANT 1863 REMOUNT RD GASTONIA 27-Feb-2012 1 98.5
- thoroughly air-dry utensil/equipment before stacking or storing. Clean utensil/equipment shall be stored in or on clean area and in a manner to prevent contamination. thoroughly clean utensil shelving/storage areas under prep table. Clean ice scoop holder at ice machine; Replace damaged door on ice machine. Repair latching mechanism on walk-in cooler door and remove cardboard. Replace cutting boards on four compartment sink and server prep line refrigeration unit.Continue to discard and replace utensils with damaged handles and busted/damaged containers and container lids. Continue to replace broken/split gaskets on refrigeration door. Replace damaged side door on plastic salad bin insert that fit inside of wall mounted salad refrigerated unit. Provide correct latching mechanism on mixer and remove wiring. Replace cracked lid on sugar bin; Clean door to ice machine. Clean lid to cover ice bin. Clean door to walk-in cooler(general storage and meat cooler). Clean air flaps entering into meat walk-in cooler. Clean scales and timers. Wipe/clean shelving throughout kitchen, walk-in cooler, dry storage area and reach-in refrigeration unit. General detail cleaning of equipment on main cook line. Clean base of refrigeration unit on main cook line and grill area with pull out drawer. Wipe/clean exterior of dry storage containers/bins. Clean ticket printer and wiring to printer. Clean handles and control knobs on equipment. WIpe/clean high chairs; Clean floors, walls and ceiling throughout where needed. Clean floors under and behind equipment.
WILL’S FOOD STORE #6 4010 HICKORY GROVE ROAD MT. HOLLY 29-Feb-2012 1 94.0
- Clean and sanitize nozzles of tea urn and soda fountains. Clean and sanitize ice machine. – Repeat violation; Clean floor and walls; Clean gaskets of equipment doors. Clean cabinets at drink station; Hair restraints required; Cold holding – Store potentially hazardous foods at 135 F and above (Fried chicken – 127 F, Hamburgers – 127 to 135+ F). Repeat violation; Clean hood and filters as soon as possible. Clean fan; all storage should be off the floor on approved shelving. General Comments: (GC #43) – Provide paper towels in restroom. (GC #38) – Use test strips to check strength of sanitizing solution (min. 50 ppm for chlorine).
- MORMONS!!! Do you have to be Mormon to shop at the food storage places?
- Places with best economic environment for LDS families
- Survivaltools-equipment.com Offers Unique Mother’s Day Gifts
- HEALTHY EATING AT THE TOP OF YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION LIST? MAKE SURE IT’S ON BABY’S LIST TOO
- Health Department Inspections 12-22-10